To see the aura you have to be able to relax and concentrate, at the same time, and there is a trick to focusing the eyes in a special way.
1. You need soft light to train in, not dim, but good soft light. No harsh light shining or reflecting in your eyes! Get a book and cover it in Blue or Red paper. Stand it upright on a table several feet from you. Experiment with the distance until you find what is best for you. Make sure you have a plain neutral background. If the wall colour is wrong, hang a sheet of neutral coloured paper or cloth as a backdrop.
Note: The auras of the colours Blue and Red are the brightest and easiest to see. Blue has a Yellow aura and Red has a Green aura. The brightness and tone of the aura varies with the shade and tone of the colour used, so use bright primary colours.
2. Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and relax. When you are calm, look at the book. Focus your eyes on nothing, a little to the side and past it. Gently hold and get used to that focus but don't strain your eyes or tense your eyes or forehead. Concentrate! you need a gentle, steady un-focus, similar to day-dreaming.
Note: When you need to blink, do so, or it will cause your eyes to tense and water. Blink normally and quickly without changing focus, and do not become preoccupied with it. It may cause the aura to disappear for a second, but it will reappear quickly if you stay relaxed and hold your focus.
After a while you will see a pale narrow aura coming from the book. Hold the focus, don't look AT it, soon a bright Yellow or Green aura will start building up from the object. Don't change focus or look directly at it or the aura will disappear.
There is a reason for this strange un-focus. Your outer field of vision is many times more sensitive than the focused area is. Have you ever seen a movement, out of the corner of your eye, only to turn and see nothing there? What you may have seen is an aura building up from something and your outer field of vision has detected it.
3. Once you have completed the first step, gather several books and cover them, each with a different coloured paper. Study these one at a time and write down the auric colour for it. Next try using two at a time, and watch how the auric colours affect each other.
4. Get a pot plant or some flowers and study it. The aura you will see emanates from the living plant and also from the colours of the petals. The Orange hue comes from the green of the stems and leaves. You will also see a more distinct etheric and a shimmering optical effect around them. This shimmering is the energy field or living aura of the plant.
5. For the next step use an animal, dog or cat etc, if you have one. Try and observe them when they are resting.
6. Observe your own aura. This can be done both inside and outside in the sun. Hold your arm out and study it against the sky or clouds. Alternatively, lie down and look at your legs. Make sure the skin is bare when you do this, and remember, grass will give off an Orange hue.
7. When you feel proficient enough, try it with a human subject. Just remember not to try too hard. Do it exactly the same as in the original exercise with the book. Get your volunteer to remove some of their clothing and study the bare skin area against a neutral background.
On a human subject, again, the first thing you will see is the etheric aura, like pale smoke clinging to the skin. Next you will see the shimmering optical effect in the air extending from several inches to a couple of feet deep, depending on the strength of their aura. Keep trying and the aura's colour will build up, and out from, the etheric. It will first appear as a narrow band of colour next to the etheric. This will expand slowly, if you hold your focus, until it is several inches or more thick.
8. The brightness of a person's aura has a lot to do with how they feel. If they feel happy and full of life their aura is stronger, larger and brighter. Try playing their favourite music, this will help to energize their aura and make it easier to see.
9. Try it on your volunteer outside. Make sure the sun is behind you and use clouds as a backdrop.
Note: The basic auras of colours are as follows: Blue = Yellow aura, Red = Green aura, Green = Orange aura, Yellow = Pale Blue aura, Orange = Pale Green aura, Violet = Pale Gold aura, Indigo = Gold aura, Pink = Iridescent Green. These colours will vary slightly according to the shade and tone of the colours you use.
It takes practise to see the human aura, so don't be disappointed if you fail, or see very little, the first few times you try. If you managed to see the auric colours of the books, you CAN learn to see the human aura. Using this training method stimulates the forehead chakra, which is responsible for this ability. With use, it will grow in strength, and become progressively easier to do.
What we do
Connections With Spirit is owned by Margaret West, a lady of many talents. You can find her website here At Connections with spirit, we offer you training in many different practitioner courses and also many other metaphysical studies. The workshops are designed to not only enlighten you, but also to financially help those she considers are voiceless, with profits from the workshops. Margaret works full time as an alternative Therapist, and this she considers is her income to pay the bills. Profit from the workshops, after paying the facilitators etc, is donated. The prices for our workshops are reasonable and competitive, and we like to think that we give each one our personal touch of beauty and laughter. Cake is always on offer at lunchtimes, as we feel no one should learn without a good slice of cake to fortify them!! We use a few facilitators, who are excellent in their field, but mainly Margaret does all the teaching. So you can be assured that the quality of our courses are always top notch.We also have stalls at the workshops where you can buy beautiful jewellery and Holistic Crystal pendants, which Margaret makes herself. Each pendant is an active crystal that will help with various conditions of the mind, body and spirit.Emma King is Connections with spirit's event manager, events organiser and Personal Assistant to Margaret West. She will be your main port of call for any questions you have or booking details that you may need for any workshops or development circles. Please do add Emma Reiki King and Margaret West to your facebook/twitter friends list to keep up to date with all the workshops and news. We promise not to bother you unless you contact us first for information. Emma's email is connectionswithspiritworkshops(at)hotmail(dot)comWe like to be interactive with students and people, so do feel free to leave any feedback about circles or workshops you have attended. Or just pop by and say hello or ask a question. We will always try to reply promptly.